May 24, 2013

The Latest Creation from a Former Cookie Chick




Many of you know I was in the 'cookie' business for many years. Cookie Bouquet (later to be named Cookies by Design).  Actually, it was a gift giving business but I enjoyed my identity as Chattanooga's Cookie Chick.    Needless to say, I KNOW GOOD COOKIES!

Two of my favorite food flavors are chocolate and bacon.   So, I kept thinking about combining the two.   (Now, don’t turn your nose up just yet).

OH! MY! GOODNESS!  If I still had my cookie shoppe, I have no doubt this would be a top seller.  Absolutely DELICIOUS!!

Just for you chocolate & bacon lovers like me, I’m sharing here the most wonderful cookie recipe I've ever created.  I think we could get away with having this for breakfast!

ENJOY!


Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies

Ingredients
6 slices of bacon, fried to half-done (drippings reserved)
¾  cup Parkay margarine
2 tbsp. bacon drippings
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups White Lily all purpose flour 
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cut bacon into small bits and set aside.
3. With mixer, blend the butter, bacon fat, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy.
4. Continue blending while adding the eggs, one at a time, the vanilla, and salt.
5. Add the flour and baking soda and continue blending until dough forms.
6. Use a spatula to mix in the chocolate chips and bacon bits.
7. Spoon the dough by rounded tablespoons onto parchment or silicon lined baking sheets. 

Bake for 8-9 minutes until just barely golden on the edges. Move cookies to wire rack or perforated pan to cool.  

Some Cookie Baking Secrets: 

•  Brands DO make a difference.   Don’t substitute butter for the Parkay or your cookies will look and feel greasy.  White Lily Flour is a soft wheat flour perfect for cookies, cakes and biscuits.  Every chocolate lover has their favorite.  For baking, mine is Hershey's.

•  Don’t overbake!  The cookies may not look done in 8-9 minutes but if you wait until they look done, they will not be deliciously ooey gooey!

2 comments:

LCraig said...

Way to go Cookie Lady!!! Hope all is well - Love the blog! I'm getting ready to re-create our sugar cookie today in a smaller batch - need tiger paws for up coming graduation party!

Unknown said...

There is a bakery here in town that has the "Ham and Yam" cupcake. Sweetpotato cake, maple buttercream icing and the bacon crumbles. The sweet and salty flavor is out of this world! I am sure the chocolate/ bacon is the same way!